Welcome to the Diploma of Anaesthetic Technology Sonia Homepage
Placement team Contact:
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or if it is urgent telephone 9427 3785.
When emailing Placements, please include your full name, course, group number and campus.
Log in issues:
Your Sonia account is linked with your Blackboard account.
If you have difficulty accessing Sonia, you can reset your password via Office 365. Please visit https://www.northmetrotafe.wa.edu.au/currentstudents for instructions on how to do so.
If you continue to experience difficulties, please visit your campus library or call the library on (08) 9427 1450 to reset your password.
Things to note:
· The Placement Office is located at the Mt Lawley camps - Room W117.
· Placements are not notified when you upload documents to Sonia. You need to email email@example.com, let us know and we will manually check off your documents.
· Students must hand in their COMPLETED Duty of Care Portfolio to their campus lecturer prior to being allocated a placement. Students that do not have the required checks may have their placement and course delayed. These requirements are set by the Department of Health and the facilities.
Students are reminded to take copies of their placement books (reports and reflections) prior to handing them back in to TAFE after your placement as you may be required to produce this information at interviews, to future employers or for grad programs. Your files are not easily retrieved after they are archived.
· COVID LOCKDOWNS: If a lockdown is imposed, you should attend placement unless you are instructed otherwise.
· SONIA UPDATES: All clinical placements are subject to change up until the Friday prior to your placement. You will need to ensure you keep checking Sonia for any changes to your placement.
· · HAND HYGIENE: Please complete the on-line National Hand Hygiene Initiative (NHHI) package within four weeks of each placement commencing via the link below and supply the certificate to SONIA https://www.safetyandquality.gov.au/our-work/infection-prevention-and-control/national-hand-hygiene-initiative
· WA NATIONAL POLICE CERTIFICATE: There are many police clearances available. This clearance is the only one accepted by ALL facilities we use. https://www.police.wa.gov.au/Police-Direct/National-Police-Certificates
Students that apply for other clearances risk being declined by the facility.
· DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CRIMINAL SCREENING CARD: Please use the attached application form to apply. This card is mandatory to work in any Government Hospital. If you already have your National Police Clearance (NPC) you do not have to pay for this card, please send a copy of your NPC with your application to the address on the form.